Wine Braised Chuck Roast is an easy classic comforting meal. Served over creamy cauliflower mash and garnished with fresh thyme. No one can resist the rich and savory satisfaction of melt-in-your-mouth, wine-Chuck Roast.
- 3 – 4 lbs chuck roast
- salt & pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 3 – 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 t dried marjoram
- 8 oz red wine
- 1 – 2 T unsalted butter
1. Preheat oven to 325 F.
2. Lay out 2-3 layers of tin foil big enough to wrap the beef in.
3. Salt & pepper the beef & lay in the middle of the foil folding up the sides to create a bowl. Sprinkle in the garlic, onion, thyme and marjoram. Pour in enough wine to cover the beef about halfway.
4. Seal up the foil & place the packet in a baking dish. (Don’t worry if it leaks a little, ours did & it still turned out just fine.)
5. Bake for about 3 1/2 hours.
6. Carefully remove meat from the foil packet. Move to a cutting board or serving platter & tent to keep warm. Strain the cooking juices into a skillet. Bring to a simmer. Whisk in the butter & let simmer for about 5 minutes. Test for seasoning. Serve with the beef.