This Blackberry Yogurt Cake is not too sweet, which makes it as well suited to breakfast as to an afternoon tea or coffee break, perfect for dessert or tea-time. With this Blackberry Yogurt Cake recipe you can bake your cake, and eat it too!
1 cup whole milk yogurt, plain
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup caster sugar
Juice and zest of a lemon
1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 large handfuls of blackberries
- Wash the blackberries.
- Grease a 9" loaf pan and preheat the oven to 375F
- Whisk together the yogurt, sugar, oil, lemon
- Slowly add each egg, while continuing to whisk.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder, while still whisking.
- Pour half the batter into the loaf pan, add half the blackberries
- Pour over the rest of the batter into the pan. Add remaining blackberries and push down each one slightly into the mixture.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes until risen and golden brown. A toothpick should come out clean if poked into the cake.
Photo: Beck / CC BY