Homemade chicken and dumpling soup cooks in the Instant Pot to make dinner easy! This Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings is an easy one-pot comfort food meal that can be ready in 30 minutes by using your Instant Pot!
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1/2 large onion , chopped
- 2 stalks celery , chopped
- 1 cup carrots , chopped
- 1 tablespoons minced garlic (about 3 cloves)
- 1 pound boneless, skinless Chicken thighs or chicken breasts diced into 1″ pieces
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning (Includes thyme, oregano, rosemary, basil, etc.)
- Salt to taste
- 5 refrigerated canned biscuits, each cut into 8 pieces (Or see below to make your own)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch , (optional to thicken soup)
- 1/4 cup cold water , (optional to thicken soup)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or cilantro , (optional for garnish)
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- If you double the recipe, do NOT increase the time.
- I recommend doing a quick release, moving the pressure release valve to the VENTING position, after 10 minutes of naturally releasing pressure.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!