Philly Cheesesteaks are the perfect family meal or game day sandwich. They’re dripping with tender ribeye steak, melted gooey provolone, and caramelized onions hugged by a toasted garlic butter hoagie roll. This is the classic way to make a Philly Cheesesteak sandwich!
- 1 lb Ribeye steak trimmed and thinly sliced*
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper or to taste
- 1 sweet onion (large), diced
- 8 slices provolone cheese mild (not aged provolone)
- 4 Hoagie Rolls sliced 3/4 through
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 1 garlic clove pressed
- 2-4 Tbsp mayonnaise or to taste
*For easier slicing, cover and freeze your steak for 30-40 minutes (freeze a thicker steak 40 min and a thinner steak 30 min).