How to make the best chocolate chip cookies in the world. These are hands down the most perfect chocolate chip cookies! And this is definitely another favorite, best-loved chocolate chip cookie to add to the blog. We can never have enough cookie recipes can we?? Nope!!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour see notes below
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter see notes below, room temperature
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips I used Ghiradelli semi-sweet
Click Here For Step-By-Step Instructions
Butter Tips: To avoid flat cookies: Be sure your butter is room temp (not melted or even softened), and try using cold/chilled dough if dough is warm: Just put it in the refrigerator to chill before baking.Flour Tips: Don’t over-mix cookie batter especially after the flour is added and add it gradually.Make sure your baking soda is not expired.
Chocolate Chip Tips: If you’re in chocoholic mode, go the full 2 1/4 cups of chocolate chips as the recipe calls out. If you want to tone down the chocolate chips, just use a lesser amount to your liking.