These crumbly cookies are spicy, chocolaty treats the whole family will love. The sweetness of chocolate with a kick from cayenne. This easy recipe makes for a tasty treat that’s perfect anytime!
- 1 ¾ cups white sugar, divided
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat 1 1/2 cups sugar, butter, vanilla extract, and salt together in a bowl until fluffy. Beat in eggs; add cream of tartar and baking soda. Beat in cocoa powder, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and cayenne powder. Beat in flour. Stir chocolate chips into the dough.
- Mix remaining 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Roll heaping tablespoons of dough into balls. Roll balls in the sugar-cinnamon mixture and place on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until centers are set and edges crack slightly, about 10 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!