Creamy Hungarian Mushroom Soup Recipe is one of those seriously delicious recipes that will become a family favorite dish. A hearty and comforting Hungarian Mushroom soup that’s sure to fill you right up. A dollop of sour cream is what makes this soup over the top — loaded with all the warm and cozy vibes!
- 4 tablespoons of salted butter
- 1 ½ cups white onions, chopped
- 1 lb. mushrooms, sliced (use crimini, button, etc.)
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon EACH: dried thyme AND dried mushroom powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon EACH: sweet paprika AND lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 ½ cups low sodium chicken stock (or vegetable)
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup half and half (or whole milk)
- ⅓ cup room-temperature creme fraiche (or sour cream)
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!