Prepare time: 15 mins
Cook: 15 mins
Ready in: 30 mins
This Chinese Orange Chicken is made with crispy fried chicken coated in a sticky orange chicken sauce. This copycat version tastes just like the Orange Chicken entree at Panda Express but even better!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, about 6 thighs, or 3 chicken breasts*
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, canola, sunflower etc.
- vegetable oil , for frying depending on the size of your pan
- 1 large orange, you’ll need the juice and zest
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice vinegar, or white vinegar
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced, or 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with 1 tbsp water
- sesame seeds
- green onions, chopped
- red pepper flakes
Click Here For Step-By-Step Instructions
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!