These strawberry Cheesecake French Toast Roll Ups are actually really easy to make and you probably have all the ingredients in your home already! This recipe is perfect for a weekend breakfast or brunch. They’re simple to make, gorgeous to look at, and delicious to eat.
- 12 slices white sandwich bread
- 1/2 pint fresh strawberries
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar (icing sugar)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 3 tsp granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Rinse, hull and roughly chop the strawberries.
- Put into a bowl and add 1 tsp sugar. Toss to coat.
- In another bowl, soften cream cheese in the microwave for about 10 seconds. Add in powdered sugar and stir to combine well.
- Flatten the bread slices with a rolling pin and trim off the crusts.
- Spread about a teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture along one edge of the bread. Top with about a spoonful of strawberries. Gently but tightly roll up the bread around the strawberries and cream cheese mix. Continue with the remaining bread.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk, remaining 2 teaspoons of sugar and cinnamon.
- Preheat your nonstick pan over medium heat. Add a bit of oil and a pat of butter.
- Coat the rolls in the egg mixture and place seam side down. When browned, turn a quarter turn and continue until all sides are cooked and browned nicely.
- Remove to a plate, dust with more powdered sugar, if desired, and top with remaining strawberries.