This Easy Creamy Pesto Chicken Pasta comes together in about 30 minutes with simple recipe! Creamy, cheesy and full of flavor, this dish will quickly be a new favorite! While those little packets are probably great for camping, stocking a bomb shelter, or keeping in your emergency hurricane supplies, I think regular weeknights call for something better.
- ½ pound penne pasta about 2 1/2 cups dry (half of a one pound box)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite-sized chunks
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half or all milk/cream
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 cup freshly shredded Mozzarella
- ½ cup fresh basil pesto or more, to taste
- Fresh basil for garnish, if desired
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!